At Lyrical Host, we offer free domain name forwarding. This means you can forward all visitors from one domain to another. You may wish to forward visitors from a .co.uk domain extension to a .com, or to forward people towards your Facebook or Linked In account.
1. Log into cp.lyricalhost.com with your normal login details. If you have not logged into LyricalCP before then you can find the instructions for logging in for the first time here: https://hub.lyricalhost.com/knowledgebase/110/How-do-I-log-in-to-Lyrical-CP-my-website-control-panel.html
2. Click 'Manage' next to the hosting package that contains the domain you'd like to forward. If you do not see this option, please select 'Manage' next to the domain name and select 'Domain Forwarding'. You can now continue on to step 4.
3. Click 'Redirects' in the Web Tools section.
4. Select the domain you wish to forward from the drop-down menu.
5. In the 'Redirect To' section, enter the URL that you wish to forward the visitors on to. Please include the http:// or https:// and www. at the start of the URL
6. Select 301 or 302 forwarding (description below).
301 (Permanent) web forwarding tells search engines that your domain name will permanently point at this new location. It ensures the final destination page is indexed correctly by search engines like Google. Despite the name, you can always change or remove this forwarding if you need to.
You should use 302 (Temporary) web forwarding when you wish to add a forward that you will remove in the future. For example, if you run a website for a restaurant, you could use a 302 to forward your menu page to a special menu during the Christmas period, and then remove it when you are ready to revert to your regular menu. This means that search engines will not properly index the page. If you're not sure which type of forwarding to use, 301 permanent web forwarding is the safer option.
7. Press 'Save'.
Please note, it might take up to 24 hours for this change to fully take effect.