This guide explains how to transfer .com and .uk domains from Dreamhost to Lyrical Host. (.uk domains include .co.uk, .org.uk, .me.uk).
Please note that for a .com domain name, you should have at least 7 days left before it's due to expire to transfer it, and for a .uk domain name 48 hours is recommended.
1. Please check your domain contact information is correct:
- Go to the (Panel > ‘Domains’ > ‘Registrations’) page.
- Once you have selected which domain(s) to modify on this page, click on the Modify Whois! button that appears at the bottom of the list.
- Update all of the fields that you want to modify.
- 'Privacy' must be disabled (unchecked) to get the transfer-out processed smoothly.
- Out out' should be selected (checked) to prevent a 60-day ICANN lock on the registration.
- Click the blue Continue button at the bottom once the privacy is disabled and the contact details are up to date.
Please note all correspondence regarding the transfer will go to the Administrative contact of the domain name.
2. Unlock your domain:
- The lock status is displayed through your panel’s ‘Registrations’ page as well as being shown on a WHOIS look-up.
- The ‘Registration’ page shows the ‘Locked?’ column .
- The status states ‘No’ or ‘Yes’.
- Clicking the word changes the status of your domain.
3. Obtain an authorisation code:
- You can view/send the auth code (EPP code) by first clicking the following link in the panel at (Panel > ‘Domains’ > ‘Reg. Transfer)
- Click the button under the Reveal Auth Code button for a domain
4. Transfer any .uk domain name:
- Unlike .com domain names, .uk domains do not require an EPP Code.
- To transfer a .uk domain name you will need to contact Dreamhost Support and provide them our IPS Tag which is STACK.
5. Initiate the transfer by ordering the transfer through lyricalhost.com.
- Select 'Domains' at the top of the site.
- Select 'Transfer in a Domain' on the left hand side.
- Enter your domain name and the authorisation code (This is not required for .uk domains).
- Select 'Add to Cart'.
- This will charge you the equivalent of one years renewal of the domain, as we have to renew the domain during transfer.
Don't worry - you will not lose any time you already have left on the domain, instead you will obtain an extra year on top of the expiry date.
Please note the domain transfer will take up to five full days to complete. Keep an eye on your emails as any information will be sent to the Administrative contact.